The International 2013 - West- & East-Qualifier

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• McFridoline schrieb:

Und weil man keine Chance hat zu gewinnen sollte man also nicht auf das Dotaevent des Jahres wollen?

Das sie dort hinwollen is ja schön und gut und ich glaube, das kann auch jeder hier nachvollziehen.
      Aber dann als irgendeins der Tier3 Teams ne Szene zu machen und sich aufzuregen, dass gerade sie nicht für den Qualifier invitet werden(den sie auch noch gewinnen müssen, um überhaupt eine Chance zu haben, was aufm TI3 zu reissen) is dann schon irgendwie unverständlich.
    • ich hab keinen plan, warum ihr euch hier darueber echauffiert, dass kaipi sich aufregt. sie haben - objektiv betrachtet - einfach recht. aber, dass ihr fags immer mit zweierlei maß messt ist eh klar. loda ohne ende haten, weil ee gekickt wird und jetzt wird ee ja auch gehatet. fata kickt den guten alex und es wird von der masse als "okay" angesehen. clowns.

• D0mb0 schrieb:

ich hab keinen plan, warum ihr euch hier darueber echauffiert, dass kaipi sich aufregt. sie haben - objektiv betrachtet - einfach recht. aber, dass ihr fags immer mit zweierlei maß messt ist eh klar. loda ohne ende haten, weil ee gekickt wird und jetzt wird ee ja auch gehatet. fata kickt den guten alex und es wird von der masse als "okay" angesehen. clowns.

Dann hau doch mal deine objektiv betrachteten Gründe pro Kaipi raus, die Valve davon überzeugen müssten, dass gerade Kaipi jetzt und auch noch beim TI3 gute Leistung bringt. Schöne Verallgemeinerungen btw.
    • joindota.com/en/news/8947-opin…e-invited-the-right-teams

Spoiler anzeigen
      The invited teams for The International 2013 have been announced. KaiPi isn't one of them. A tough choice that caused many discussions. An analysis from someone who frequently invites teams to competitions.

It looks as if only a few of us were not surprised when the invited teams for the Western Qualifier were announced yesterday. I was one of them. In fact I was predicting exactly those eight teams to be in the mix. But more than half of the almost 200 comments we have are discussion around one question, the topic of the spontaneous show by Much Ado About Dota yesterday: Why is KaiPi not invited?

First of all, even though I have more insight than others into this matter, I can only assume what led Valve to this decision. What I can safely explain to you is why I would have done exactly the same.

Stability Matters!

What I heard many times during MAAD yesterday (e.g. from the understandably disappointed EternaLEnVy): "Every team changed it's roster, so this can't be a reason". Sorry guys, you can say this 100 times, but it is still completely wrong! Roster changes might not be the only reason, but they certainly play a role.

Out of the eight invited teams, four have not made a a single change recently:

Absolute Legends announced its current roster at February 10th.
      QPAD Red Pandas finalized its lineup at March 4th.
      RoX.KiS had its last change at March 27th
      Not sure about iCCup, but they definitely had their lineup before March 23rd

All of these teams have played with its current lineup for more than a month. RoX.KiS in its current state is the most recently modified team of the four, but their strong results made them indispensable for the qualifier. The other three teams have not shown impressive but at least solid results. That doesn't make their invites safe, but it is an advantage.

EG or Mouz? Out of the question.

The next two teams are Evil Geniuses and Mousesports. There's not much to say about them. Both of them exchanged one player very recently, but have had a stable lineup for half a year before that (with KuroKy leaving Mouz being the only exception). EG and Mouz are big names who have been around for a long time and showed great potential. Both of them could easily afford one roster change. Their slots were still safe.

The Unstable Trio

That leaves only two truly unstable teams: Team Empire and dd.Dota. Just like KaiPi, these two teams have had major changes quite recently. So let's make a comparison.

Empire was probably the strongest European team in the last four months of 2012, winning many tournaments. However only two players are left from their successfull lineup. twiSta and Mitch are decent additions. I wouldn't rate them higher than ComeWithMe and Arteezy, maybe even a little lower. But the third addition is LighTofHeaveN, and that has probably been the deciding factor in favour of Empire - besides the team's history. If it wasn't for Light, Empire might have not been invited in my opinion.

Let's get to dd. Just like KP, dd has been a very unstable "team" for many months. Both of them have absolutely nothing in common with the original lineups under these names (KP was originally from Lebanon, including players like Babarrr and Asuna; dd was Danish, evolved out of the former Copenhagen Wolves). KP has without any doubt been the stronger team out of these two in the past two months. But the two additions on each side changed that. The core of dd are the three French players who won the qualifier last year with mTw. They are now joined by Goblak and Silent, who have had great success with Empire, with Goblak also being a great captain of course. dd's Lineup simply appears to be stronger now by just looking at the names. Maybe that turns out to be wrong, but since both teams haven't proven anything with their new lineups, the potential can only be estimated. And KP slightly loses that comparison.

The final decision

I'm not saying KP doesn't deserve to be invited. They would have been a legit choice. But it's also completely legit to not include them. It's a tough call between these nine teams, but in the end KP has been my #9. I also want to mention that 4FC (my #10) and Artyk (my #11) have been quite close as well in my opinion. They would have deserved it too.

In the end we had a bunch of candidates and they got judged by several factors. I think these 3 are the most important ones (in that order!):

1. Potential
      2. Stability
      3. Achievements

EG, Mouz, and RoX were safe. All other comparisons were tight. While KP slightly beats QPandas or iCCup in potential, they clearly lose on stability. While KP beats dd on achievements with the same stability, they lose on potential. While KP is (maybe?) on par with Empire in potential and stability, they loses on achievements.

A couple of factors have to be considered, while choosing the right teams. There's not that one thing that decides everything, so many elements influence the outcome (I just mentioned the three who are - in my opinion - the most important ones). Again, it's REALLY close. It would have been perfectly fine to decide otherwise. But it's understandable for sure. Last but not least it was certainly not helpful for KP to add the only player, who didn't get his visa for the USA last year.

Summing Up

Do I think KaiPi would have been invited with their old lineup? Yes. But they risked their slot and ultimately lost it. This also serves as warning for next year: If you change your team during the invite period, you might (MIGHT!!) be punished for it.

My suggestion to Valve: Give the teams a deadline. March 31st or something like that. Only teams who don't change their lineup after that deadline are considered for an invite or qualifier spot. That way they at least have one month to prove themselves instead of leaving it to pure speculation (dd vs KP!), regarding which team will be stronger.

And now, let's enjoy the qualifiers!
    • Es steht auch "opinion" dran.
      'Maturity,' father had slowly begun,'
      Is knowing you're wrong and accepting it, son.
      There's prudence in pausing with patience and joy -
      And hearing the wisdom in others, my boy.
      'A person's perspective,' he said with a smile,
      'Is plain if you walk in their shoes for a while.
      And if you can do it - if maybe you do -
      You might understand, and agree that it's true.'
      I followed his reasons, and nodded, polite;
      Perhaps that was logic - perhaps he was right.
      Perhaps there was truth in his claim all along...
      'I'm twenty,' I countered: 'I'm right, and you're wrong.'
    • D0mb0 schrieb:

ich hab keinen plan, warum ihr euch hier darueber echauffiert, dass kaipi sich aufregt. sie haben - objektiv betrachtet - einfach recht. aber, dass ihr fags immer mit zweierlei maß messt ist eh klar. loda ohne ende haten, weil ee gekickt wird und jetzt wird ee ja auch gehatet.

Kaipi hat keine Ergebnisse, die ihren Invite rechtfertigen würde und bis auf Envy auch individuell keine nennenswerten Erfolge vorzuweisen (im Gegenseits zu Crush). Die einzigen Argumente pro Kaipi sind ihr hohes Trainingspensum und die Einschätzung einiger Pros "sie könnten uns mal schlagen". Achja, und sie kicken so kurz vor den Qualifiern einen Spieler und holen sich cwm, der afaik der einzige Vogel war, der es nicht geschafft hat sich ein Visum fürs TI zu holen. Komm btw mal wieder von deinem "Wutuser"-Dasein runter, es geht allmählich auf den Sack.
      I am in extraordinary shape, but I do not think I could survive a bullet in the head.
    • vielleicht mach ich nochmal einen whine thread ueber entangle auf, dunno.

weil er vor nem jahr aus welchen gruenden auch immer kein visum bekommen hat, laedt man das team nicht ein? tolles argument, visen werden teilweise eh mit menser willkuer verteilt bzw. herrscht da teilweise unsicherheiten (bekomm ich von meinem vater zu genuege mit). haette ja auch ohne weiteres wieder eins bekommen koennen. kaipi hat einfach zu letzt in der tat relativ gut gespielt. iccup, dd und al sind halt einfach ein gutes stueck schlechter. kaipi haette ich an einem guten tag zugemutet auch top 3 im qualifier zu gehen. das verhalten von cwm ist ja wohl auch kein kriterium (mfg puppey "faggot"). komm du einfach vom deinem hohen ross runter und seh ein, dass du erneut falsch liegst.

• Na dann hätten sie Kaipi wohl doch direkt einladen sollen, wenn du ihnen zumutest Top 3 Teams zu schlagen. Viel mehr Inhalt hat dein Post leider nicht.
      I am in extraordinary shape, but I do not think I could survive a bullet in the head.
    • Ich verstehe nicht warum hier überhaupt diskutiert wird.
      Valve lädt Teams ein, am International III teilzuhaben.
      Sie haben keinerlei Rechtfertigungspflicht, sondern versuchen lediglich den Zuschauern ein sehenswertes Turnier mit den besten Teams der Welt zu bieten.
      Ich glaube nicht, dass die Qualität oder der Grad der Sehenswürdigkeit dieser Spiele durch Nichtnominierung von Kaipi stark, wenn überhaupt, beeinträchtigt wird.

Man kann darüber als neuformiertes T2 Team einfach nicht erwarten in den Qualifier eingeladen zu werden.
      Das ist wie, wenn du als 16-Jähriger nicht zu ner Party eingeladen bist, dann trotzdem auftauchst und an der Türe argumentierst dass du doch cool bist und dass andere es weniger verdient hätten da zu sein.
      Ich finde, dass dieser nicht vorhandene Invite so wenig Tragweite für das gesamte Turnier hat, dass es einfach nur verschwendete Zeit ist sich groß damit auseinanderzusetzen.
    • Es ist halt so, dass Kaipi reelle Chancen hat sich gegen Teams wie Empire, mouz und EG durchzusetzen,
      was man von Teams wie DD.dota und iCCup (?!?!?) nicht behaupten kann.

Scheiß auf Persönlichkeiten, Rosterchanges und individuelle Erfolge
      - aber selbst wenn das Kriterien sein sollten, haben da DD (mit Goblak&SS) und iCCup, ach auch qPad in dem Feld nichts zu suchen, haben allesamt im Jahr 2013 nichts geleistet oder gewonnen.
      Wow, qPad hat irgend nen Cup gewonnen, Kaipi auch. Letzere werden aber nicht instant geschooled wenn sie gegen größere Namen spielen.

Aber erstmal einen auf Moralapostel machen, Leuten anschwärzen, dass ihre Posts keinen Inhalt - und selber nichts aufzubringen außer "Hey, ich bin die selbsternannte DS.de Elite"
      Unausstehlich. Jedesmal wieder.