MLG an Activision Blizzard für $46 Millionen verkauft

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• MLG an Activision Blizzard für $46 Millionen verkauft

Esportsobserver schrieb:

Major League Gaming, once the largest esports company in North America, is going out of business. In a special meeting on Dec. 21, MLG’s Board of Directors approved an Asset Purchase Agreement granting Activision Blizzard a large majority of MLG’s assets in exchange for $46 million.
      The next day, a letter went out to stockholders informing them of the sale. We have included an excerpt below:

In addition to these changes, CEO Sundance DiGiovanni has been removed from his role and replaced by Greg Chisholm, MLG’s former CFO.
      The move was done as a “corporate action taken without a stockholders’ meeting by less than unanimous written consent of our stockholders,” allowed under Section 228(e) of the Delaware General Corporation Law.
      The Asset Purchase Agreement was also approved by the written consent of the holders of a majority of the outstanding shares of the Corporation’s Series A Preferred Stock, Series B Preferred Stock, Series B-1 Preferred Stock, Series B-2 Preferred Stock and the Series A Common Stock, voting together as a single class on an as-converted to Series A Common Stock basis.”
      Stockholders in this category include Treehouse Capital LLC, Ritchie Opportunistic Trading Ltd., Oak Investment Partners, and Legion Capital Investments LLC—managed by Mike Sepso, co-founder of MLG and current senior vice president of esports at Activision Blizzard.
      MLG, as we know it, is over.
      Stockholders not in these categories are largely meeting the decision in disbelief. Some speculate that the majority of the sale will go towards paying off MLG’s debts, leaving little to go around for the remaining stockholders. MLG has filed for multiple debt financing rounds this year alone, for a sum of over $6 million. “I got fucked on stock,” said an affected stockholder, who wanted to remain anonymous.
      MLG steps down after leading the esports scene in North America for quite some time. For many years, the company successfully ran tournaments across the United States for StarCraft 2, Call of Duty, and other titles. MLG also announced that it was building an arena in China.
      However, MLG has also taken on recent blows, such as when rival ESL was named as the tournament runner for the Call of Duty World League.
      Only time will tell how this move affects other MLG ventures, such as the upcoming Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Major Championship in Columbus, OH. The only thing known for sure is that MLG, as we know it, is over.

Wird interessant werden ob sie überhaupt noch Dota machen werden.
      'Maturity,' father had slowly begun,'
      Is knowing you're wrong and accepting it, son.
      There's prudence in pausing with patience and joy -
      And hearing the wisdom in others, my boy.
      'A person's perspective,' he said with a smile,
      'Is plain if you walk in their shoes for a while.
      And if you can do it - if maybe you do -
      You might understand, and agree that it's true.'
      I followed his reasons, and nodded, polite;
      Perhaps that was logic - perhaps he was right.
      Perhaps there was truth in his claim all along...
      'I'm twenty,' I countered: 'I'm right, and you're wrong.'
    • Naja, im Moment hängt Valve sich ganz gut rein und auch die ESL ist mit 4 Turnieren gut vertreten bei DotA. Ich kann mir vortsellen, dass für die breite Masse das vollkommen okay ist. Ich selber verfolge aktuell auch nur 2 Turnier im Jahr (TI & ESL One Frankfurt).

Beitrag von mircomm ()

Dieser Beitrag wurde von Zagdil aus folgendem Grund gelöscht: Spam ().
    • Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher