Pocket strat monday mit MoonMeander

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Pocket strat monday mit MoonMeander

Spoiler anzeigen
      Shadows all around you as you surface from the dark
      Emerging from the gentle grip of night's unfolding arms
      Darkness, darkness everywhere, do you feel all alone?
      The subtle grace of gravity, the heavy weight of stone

You don't see what you possess, a beauty calm and clear
      It floods the sky and blurs the darkness like a chandelier
      All the light that you possess is skewed by lakes and seas
      The shattered surface, so imperfect, is all that you believe

I will bring a mirror, so silver, so exact
      So precise and so pristine, a perfect pane of glass
      I will set the mirror up to face the blackened sky
      You will see your beauty every moment that you rise
    • thanks, hoffe es gefällt euch. war kein leichter fang!
      Spoiler anzeigen

• Falls hier jemand nicht Dota 2 reddit liest, Transkript von einem Mate von mir und ein Kommentar, die ich sehr gut fand:

INTRODUCTION 0:00
      • Interview happened the day of the announcement.
      • Moon is stressed, things are going very fast.
      OG AS OF LATE 1:22
      • Post-Manila Bootcamp felt horrible initially.
      • They went to the Summit and realized they had no strategies. Too much goofing around/playing Overwatch.
      • Afterwards there were good strategies as TI came closer.
      • At TI however, no one was talking to each other. It all crashed. (Author's Note: Most likely interpersonal issues)
      • Moon says it was "TI nerves"
      • OG were friends all the way and communication was never a problem. TI just causes a lot of stress.
      OG KICK 3:20
      • Moon/NoTail had personality clashes. No bad blood but just different mindsets and outlook into teams, championships, and dota.
      • In Moon's outlook, if a team has to win TI they have to play their best DotA. Every single game has to be their best game. Consistency is key.
      • Doing that requires a stoic and collected approach. This is why Moon believes that EG were top 3 for 3 years at TI.
      • "Be chill, not choke, always play good"
      • Moon calls himself out on not having taken scrims as seriously as he should've due to a lack of motivation/fire/yearning to win. It wasn't just Moon, there was "too much memeing".
      • Moon thinks that perhaps subconsciously they were holding back after having owned everyone so hard.
      • Author's note: Fly mentioned this lack of motivation in his announcement
      • Moon criticizes overly self-critical dialogue with teammates because it comes off as being too "beta" (look up alpha vs beta personalities). In tier 1 teams you have to do this in a smart way because you are playing with big dogs. Even though that self-critical analysis is probably absolutely correct - sometimes you need to be like "hey, we won't be top dogs at TI if we keep taking scrims like a joke" but they won't listen to that language. (Perhaps Moon is trying to say that you have to appeal to their hightened sense of self-worth when communicating with Tier 1 players.)
      • Moon clearly implies that it wans't just him that wasn't taking the scrims seriously but that it's difficult to straight up call out someone on being that way. He says it helps to have a life coach like Blitz because they are able to do that direct critique whilst it is harder for players to do it between themselves.
      • OG "didn't give a shit" about scrims at times.
      TRANSITION TO DC 8:41
      • "What can I say, both offlaners got kicked so we just kind of swapped. Pretty sure Moo is going to join OG."
      • Moon specifically asked OG to add that he got kicked so that people realize he wasn't an "egotistical fuck". It looks really bad if Moon jumps ship to DC just because OG were doing bad.
      BIBLETHUMP 9:03
      • Moon was loyal and wanted to stay with OG but he got kicked.
      • "I had no power over it. I wasn't given a chance to defend myself. I was already home. They had a week to tell me to my face. I deserved to be told to my face. I was at two TIs with Fly. We won two majors together and we're really good friends. But that talk never happened. They just told me I got kicked when I got home... It's all business at the end of the day. At least I know now that whatever team I join I won't put my emotions into it. I wont fall into that trap again. This friendship thing is all bullshit, a facade. I guess I was wrong the entire time. I was just lying to myself with this whole friendship rainbow thing. At the end of the day, money talks."
      • Moon will still perform to his best because he is a professional. He just won't be emotionally invested.
      • Blitz is the MingLee messenger between DC so that there can be internal critique without people getting hurt or taking it personally.
      • People in DC are more outspoken and loud compared to OG but compare well to them. There is a lot of fire in DC which was extinguished in OG.
      • Getting kicked made Moon ridiculously motivated. He wants to prove himself that he wasn't carried by anyone from OG.
      • The reason given for the kick was "kinda bullshit".
      CRIT & MIRACLE 16:07
      • Moon knew Crit was going to leave because with him it's all business.
      • Crit's team is insanely strong. Moon can't reveal what it is but it's very strong.
      • Miracle's team is also strong but yet again Moon can't share.
      • Moon got kicked after Crit left and then with only Fly and NoTail there Miracle felt like it wasn't the same OG and thus he ended up leaving too.
      • Bigger organizations have more money to throw at people. Crit is much more financially impacted by such things whereas Miracle plays for glory mostly.
      • Moon mentions that Crit was hanging out a lot with the boys. Might be implying EG.
      WINGS/DC 17:09
      • There was trust in the captain in both teams.
      • They had strats, no bad days, and kept being amazing.
      • "They were the best all the time and on top of the game all the time."
      WHAT'S NEXT 22:38
      • Right now there are a lot of disagreements between DC and Moon just because he has different experiences and believes that there's another, a better way to go about certain things. Moon refuses to talk about them due to strategic implications.
      • However, the atmosphere is very calm and professional. Sunsfan lightens things up with memes.
      MISC 19:20
      • Moon grew up in Singapore before moving to Canada. This didn't influence his playstyle at all though.
      • Moon is still in touch with Complexity. There's no bad blood between any of them.
      • Swindlezz was a good, honest, and blunt captain. Sometimes it's good because you will always know what you did wrong. Othertimes it may not be handled well by some people. It can be very educative or slightly toxic. "A good evil." It's okay to do just have to go about it wisely.
      • Moon will not talk about in-game captaining due to respect for Fly's strategizing. His captaining had a massive impact on the game. Moon very hestiant to talk about this issue due to the stategic implications.
      FINAL WORDS 25:08
      • "Yes, with [regards to] what I said people may disagree with me or not like what I say. My ex-teammates or people I spoke about in this interview will read it and get mad at me for sharing too much or trying to cause drama. I'm not trying to cause drama. I'm censoring myself as much as I can. I'm trying to be honest and upfront. The kind that I've always been. I want to encourage more pros to do that in interviews instead of always lying and being very vague and saying nice stuff. The community deserves more as they finance out at TI every year with millions of dollars. The least we can do is give the community some truth."
      • "As for the community, please don't flame the players for giving good interviews specifically SwindleMelonzz when he streams [or] gives good interviews you guys flame him. You guys quote him on his interviews and he doesn't want to do interviews ever again after that. You can flame me all you want or quote me all you want - I don't really care, I have a really thick skin. But when other pros try to give good interviews - like RTZ said that thing about Kuro and everyone starts quoting him left and right and it became a whole meme. How do you think the pro feels? Do you think He's going to give another interview again when the whole community is shitting on him like that? Of course not. So please, be more mindful of what you say. Thank you!"

limaj_daas 180 Punkte vor 11 Stunden
      I had a lot of personal thoughts about this interview but it felt disrespectful to both Epi as well as Moon to interject it so I am writing them below instead.
      Firstly, thank you so much Epi for giving Moon this opportunity. You did not try to lead Moon and were an excellent interviewer. Moon, thank you so much for being so incredibly honest. This is the best dota interview that I have ever heard just because I could feel what the player felt instead of being spoon fed some feel good nonsense. I really appreciate the honesty and especially the tact with which it was done. It was blunt without being disrespectful and that takes a lot of treading upon a fine line to do. So thank you both very much.
      Secondly, I feel deeply upset about Moon and his experiences. I wasn't mad at anyone but the reality of the pro dota scene set it. It is emotionally taxing and a lot of the players are just very young and very real people going through a lot more than they had ever expected. As a community I feel it is our obligation to be supportive and respectful. Instead of calling RTZ left or Sumail retarded can we just take a step back and realize the kind of burdens and responsibilities that have been thrust upon these young individuals? Believe it or not but /r/dota2 is extremely influential upon individuals. How we use our voice impacts very real people with very real lives.
      So much of the toxicity that is present within the community makes me realize why pros don't give honest interviews. People keep pitchforking and it's hurting our community. I want more interviews like this. I want DotA to feel more human. One of my favorite segments this TI was the "Not Playing DotA with" segment because it made me actually connect to the players. I think besides Moon, the only real thing that I've come across this year has been Swindlezz interview about how China was lax and Blitz's amazing post-TI blog. Both of those were personal and raw and that is what made them refreshing.
      Sorry for ranting but I just felt that that needed to be said. Thank you again Moon. Really appreciate the honesty.
      Spoiler anzeigen

• finde es ehrlich gesagt ziemlich verstörend was er über "minglee messenger" und "gut formulierte kritik kommt als beta rüber" sagt. da muss man sich schon echt fragen was mit diesen leuten nicht stimmt die teilweise bis zu 24/7 in bootcamps zusammen sind und trotzdem nicht ehrlich und zweckerfüllend miteinander kommunizieren können.
      Ich streame danke deutsche trap music und spiele nebenbei dota auf www.twitch.tv/pertzo
    • Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher