Coronavirus

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Wäre schon mega mett, wenn ich rippen würde, nur weil man dem 95jährigen Raucher nicht das Beatmungsgerät abnimmt aus dem schlichten Grund, dass er einfach früher in den kritischen Zustand gekommen ist (was ja im Falle einer gleichzeitigen Infektion aufgrund Alter und Lebensweise ganz normal ist)
    • boobold schrieb:

Aro schrieb:

Fazit von ihr:
      Flatten the curve geht nicht, weil würde zuu lange dauern. Stattdessen müsste man zurück zur containment Phase kommen. Bei aktueller fallzahl bedeutete dies, dass wenn wir einen ansteckungsfaktor von 0,5 annehmen, ca 2 Monate noch so weiter machen werden müssten. (ergeht aus modellberechnung)
      Enden wird alles wohl erst mit einem Impfstoff.
      Danke für den Share, echt empfehlenswertes Video!
      Trifft nicht zu allen Punkten zu, aber:
      slate.com/technology/2020/03/a…emiology-coronavirus.html

[...] I used to be an experimental neuroscientist, so while I’m not a math whiz, I’m comfortable with numbers. I only bring up my background because I understand the temptation to play around with public data. [...] But should science-minded nonepidemiologist like myself give in to the impulse to post off-the-cuff analyses? [...] Opining with numbers just because you use numbers in your day job isn’t formulating a rigorous dissent; it’s overestimating your abilities while lacking self-awareness of your own incompetence—the Dunning-Kruger effect. In my experience, the Dunning-Kruger effect seems particularly strong in people who think real expertise in one area automatically confers expertise in another. [...]《

Zusätzolich zu der nicen Dunning-Kruger Referenz (Dota Publics 2014 never forgetti) find ich das ziemlich wichtig.
      Ist zwar einerseits schön, dass jeder, der was mit Wissenschaft zutun hat sich jetzt äußert und auch gerade die mit Begabung soetwas anschaulich zu kommunizieren.
      Aber andererseits finde ich Dudes und Dudettes die mit Zahlen und fertigen Modellen jonglieren immer etwas schwierig.
      Sie bezieht sich schon viel auf die Zahlen der großen epidemiologischen Player in der Gesellschaft, aber würde da einige Dinge mit Vorsicht genießen.
      1blaze

Zagdil schrieb:

Wer hätte gedacht was aus dem "Ich heiße Buktus, komme aus Oldenburg und schlage gerne Frauen"-User in den nächsten Jahren wird?
    • Fas schrieb:

boobold schrieb:

Aro schrieb:

Fazit von ihr:
      Flatten the curve geht nicht, weil würde zuu lange dauern. Stattdessen müsste man zurück zur containment Phase kommen. Bei aktueller fallzahl bedeutete dies, dass wenn wir einen ansteckungsfaktor von 0,5 annehmen, ca 2 Monate noch so weiter machen werden müssten. (ergeht aus modellberechnung)
      Enden wird alles wohl erst mit einem Impfstoff.
      Danke für den Share, echt empfehlenswertes Video!
      Trifft nicht zu allen Punkten zu, aber:slate.com/technology/2020/03/a…emiology-coronavirus.html

[...] I used to be an experimental neuroscientist, so while I’m not a math whiz, I’m comfortable with numbers. I only bring up my background because I understand the temptation to play around with public data. [...] But should science-minded nonepidemiologist like myself give in to the impulse to post off-the-cuff analyses? [...] Opining with numbers just because you use numbers in your day job isn’t formulating a rigorous dissent; it’s overestimating your abilities while lacking self-awareness of your own incompetence—the Dunning-Kruger effect. In my experience, the Dunning-Kruger effect seems particularly strong in people who think real expertise in one area automatically confers expertise in another. [...]《
      Zusätzolich zu der nicen Dunning-Kruger Referenz (Dota Publics 2014 never forgetti) find ich das ziemlich wichtig.
      Ist zwar einerseits schön, dass jeder, der was mit Wissenschaft zutun hat sich jetzt äußert und auch gerade die mit Begabung soetwas anschaulich zu kommunizieren.
      Aber andererseits finde ich Dudes und Dudettes die mit Zahlen und fertigen Modellen jonglieren immer etwas schwierig.
      Sie bezieht sich schon viel auf die Zahlen der großen epidemiologischen Player in der Gesellschaft, aber würde da einige Dinge mit Vorsicht genießen.
      Hab mir das Video noch nicht angeschaut, kann dazu spezifisch also nichts sagen. Aber an und für sich ist das schon ein sehr wichtiger Punkt. Ich glaube vor allem ökonomen und data scientists/machine learning engineers sind guilty bei solchen Themen.
      Wobei es im Gesundheitswesen auch viele Ökonomen gibt die sicher sehr gut auskennen. Das sind aber leider nicht immer diejenigen die ihre Klappe aufreissen...

edit: Artikel von der Financial Times zur Lage in Altersheimen in Frankreich/Europa.

"On Tuesday night, the health authority in the Grand Est region said two-thirds of its 620 old people’s homes had been affected by the coronavirus pandemic and 570 residents had died. "

Spoiler anzeigen

The first set of data about Covid-19 deaths in nursing homes released from France’s most affected region has delivered a glimpse of a tragedy that is unfolding across Europe.

On Tuesday night, the health authority in the Grand Est region said two-thirds of its 620 old people’s homes had been affected by the coronavirus pandemic and 570 residents had died.
      Those 570 people are not recorded in France’s official coronavirus death toll, which reached 4,503 on April 2, but so far counts only those who have died in hospital. Eastern France, which has had 1,112 hospital deaths, was the first region in the country to be badly hit by the pandemic.

Recent studies in Italy comparing recorded Covid-19 deaths with overall death rates in specific regions also suggest the country’s death toll is far higher than the official total of more than 13,000, already the world’s highest.
      In an Italian retirement home in Mediglia, outside Milan, 52 of the 152 elderly staying there had died from Covid-19 infection by last week.
      In the province of Bergamo, 2,060 deaths were attributed to the virus in March. However, L’Eco di Bergamo, a local newspaper, found that a total of 5,400 deaths occurred in the province in March, up from just 900 in the same month in 2019.

Some small towns in Lombardy have seen total deaths in March from all causes soar by more than 900 per cent year on year, according to analysis conducted by the polling and data analysis company YouTrend.

Covid-19’s mortality rate rises sharply in old age, and one of the first decisions taken by the French government to fight the pandemic in early March was to stop people from visiting their relatives in old people’s homes.
      But for residents in dozens of such homes, especially in eastern France and the Paris area, it was already too late.

“The two main locations of deaths,” said Jérôme Salomon, France’s director-general of health, “are hospitals and Ehpads [an acronym for institutions to shelter the dependent elderly].” French officials say they are compiling new data from the community and old people’s homes on coronavirus.

On Thursday night, Mr Salomon said at least 884 people had died in nursing homes nationwide in addition to the official death toll, though the data are far from complete. The general mortality rate across France was 19 per cent above normal last week.

Nearly 700,000 elderly French people, many of them in their eighties or nineties and suffering from dementia, are cared for in 7,000 institutions run by both the public and private sectors. Each day brings news of fatalities: 16 at a home in central Paris; another 12 in Besançon in the east; seven more in Haute-Savoie.
      A similar story is playing out in Spain, where 25 people, just under a sixth of the residents, died in just one northern Madrid care home.

Spain has around 5,400 public and private care homes, looking after 380,000 people and employing 190,000 staff. Cadena SER, a Spanish radio network, has estimated that more than a third of the people who had died after contracting coronavirus had been in care homes. At present, the official Spanish death toll from the virus is more than 10,000, which generally includes those dying in care homes only if they have previously been tested positive for Covid-19.

As part of its so-called Operation Balmis, the Spanish army has to date disinfected more than 1,800 old people’s homes throughout the country, and the state has assumed control over privately run residences. Margarita Robles, defence minister, said last week that the army had found dead bodies in “some visits” to such homes.

Even Germany, which has been able to do more coronavirus testing than most of its European neighbours, faces a possible crisis among the 800,000 elderly living in care homes. In Wolfsburg, west of Berlin, 22 people have died in the same nursing home. Forty-eight died in homes in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany’s most populous state.
      Infection and fatalities in German old people’s homes could have a marked effect on official statistics. Germany’s death rate was unusually low at the start of the pandemic, largely because the initial infections were among young, fit Germans returning from skiing holidays or taking part in carnival celebrations.

Patients groups have sharply criticised the government. “For too long the authorities have ignored care homes, when it came to the corona crisis — that’s negligence,” said Eugen Brysch of the German Patient Protection Foundation.

French managers, however, have warned against “catastrophism”, noting that thousands of France’s 7,000 Ehpads have yet to record infections, even if 50 or so have suffered multiple deaths and 500-1,000 have recorded coronavirus cases.

Ehpads across France are now introducing restrictions to isolate residents in their own rooms until the epidemic has passed (a measure not always possible with dementia patients). But the residences are in urgent need of more testing for the virus and many are seeking more safety equipment such as masks.

“We are in at the beginning of the wave. This week will be decisive,” says Florence Arnaiz-Maumé, executive director of Synerpa, which represents the private operators, some of which introduced tight controls on visits and disinfection in February because of their experiences in China and Italy. “And the next three weeks look to be pretty difficult.”

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von devilchen ()

• Zum Thema Qualität in der Wissenschaft hatte ich einen der geilsten Profs, die ich je gesehen hab (auch Neurologe @Fas), dirnagl.com/ sein persönlicher Blog

bihealth.org/de/forschung/quest-center/mission-ansaetze/?L=0 n ne Institution zu "Quality | Ethics | Open Science | Translation" wo er dabei ist. Hat auf jeden Fall ordentlich die Qualität/Methodik von vielen Studien gewrecked und auch vor unserer "eigenen" Uni kein halt gemacht. War auch die allerletzte Vorlesung des Studiums und eine die ich auf jeden Fall nicht vergessen werde. Kam übrigens im gleichen Modul wie statistische Modelle mit R erstellen, es hieß "Methoden der Epidemiologie und BBevölkerungsforschung". Deshalb halte ich ich jetzt auch größtenteils meine Fresse, schon einmal zu Trashtalk gebaited worden, sorry allet, geht echt flott wenn man viele schon vorgekaute Informationen zu voreilig interpretiert.

Members Only
      Sie besitzen leider nicht die notwendigen Zugriffsrechte, um den Inhalt von „Members Only“ sehen zu können.
      „Die meisten bekommen eine Meinung, wie man einen Schnupfen bekommt: durch Ansteckung.“
      Axel von Ambesser

• keine gewähr, zirkulieren gerade viel fakenews. falls wer nen debunk zur hand hat, wäre ich äußerst dankbar, allein schon damit mein blutdruck wieder auf normale level sinkt.
      Ne marche pas devant moi, je ne te suivrai peut-être pas.
      Ne marche pas derrière moi, je ne te guiderai peut-être pas.
      Marche à côté de moi et sois simplement mon amie. - Albert Camus
      Sundry's Gameblog! NEUER POST: Hunt: Showdown
    • nicht ganz related dazu, falls wer gerade etwas zeit totschlagen will und ein bisschen sinn in der ganzen verrücktheit gerade sucht: de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaktanz_(Psychologie)

Edit by ramius: Link korrigiert

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von ramius ()

Ne marche pas devant moi, je ne te suivrai peut-être pas.
      Ne marche pas derrière moi, je ne te guiderai peut-être pas.
      Marche à côté de moi et sois simplement mon amie. - Albert Camus
      Sundry's Gameblog! NEUER POST: Hunt: Showdown
    • Nach Ungarn liefer/spendet China einen Haufen Masken. Zumindest ist das der Tenor in so ziemlich allen Medien, abhängig wie halbwegs unabhängig. Das ist einerseits enorm gut, weil es gibt momentan Schutz, andererseits aber langfristig/politisch ziemlich fragwürdig.
      Hoffe Europa rafft sich da nochmal, sonst sehe ich die Schlagzeile "China hilft wo die EU versagt" schon vor mir....

@Sundry bei deinem Link fehlt die ")".

Beitrag von südländer ()

Dieser Beitrag wurde von ramius gelöscht ().
    • Der Fall im speziellen hatte aber andere Ursachen. Da gabs wohl auch rechtliche Probleme und es (sollten zumindest) kurzfristig andere Masken geliefert werden, bis die beschlagnahmten Masken freigegeben werden. Waren halt Beweise oder so.
      There are 10 types of people - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

• Das Video ist kurz nach Trumps Wahl entstanden. Bin dann doch eher skeptisch. Iirc gabs auch in Fire and Fury eine Passage in der deutlich wird, dass der Donald nicht so ganz versteht, warum nicht einfach jeder eine Krankenversicherung haben kann. Blöderweise fehlt ihm da so ein bisschen die Lust sich mit zu beschäftigen. Golf spielen, Tweeten und Fox&Friends haben verständlicherweise eine höhere Priorität, weswegen eben das passiert, was das Republikanische Establishment möchte.
      Dieser Beitrag wurde bezahlt vom George Soros Zentrum für politische Agitation
    • Fas schrieb:

In den letzten Jahren in den einschlägigen Fachkreisen auch umbenannt in "Jordan B. Peterson - Effekt".

Es gibt in Deutschland 367 Ärzte für Virologie und Infektionsepidemiologie. Der Rest kann jetzt mal gepflegt die Fresse halten.
      euer Lokalpatriotismus bleibt der kleine Bruder des Nationalsozialismus